Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"vacation"

It's almost embarrassing to be excited to have a couple of vacation days ...... considering how blessed I am to be living this lifestyle of traveling.
I am however, being "left home alone" for two days, while Charlie and Vera take a short trip over to Cherokee, NC...... and when the masters are away .............whee !
The dogs and I are already relishing our solitude.  Don't misunderstand, I don't consider it crowded or a burden to all be living here together...... but, complete freedom to be alone and do or not do whatever is .... "whee !"

I wish I could adequately describe the feeling of our "tree house" campsite. The hills are so steep that when we look out the windows on three sides we are in the canopy of trees.  There is another host camper on one side of us, but they are far enough away, and at least twelve feet lower than us .... we can just barely see glimpses of their roof top thru the tree leaves.

Well, Vera left me a "job" to finish for her:  cooking a brisket.  Most of you know I don't cook ... so it may truly be 'pot luck'.  But if it turns out ok I may call in all the hosts for a party! (probably not).
Speaking of parties, the management gave us a hot dog cookout Monday evening to celebrate a job well done over the holiday.  Did I mention that I really love this place !?

later, Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about being home alone. When I had room mates we all rejoiced when the others would go away and leave one behind. But we were always glad to see the travelers come home too.
    Hope your brisket came out good. Love that you are all enjoying this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete