Wednesday, August 31, 2011

red rock cliffs

We are in Albuquerque, and Vera is getting ready to fly to Miami to catch her cruise.  Charlie and I will .... do absolutely nothing .... for a day or two ..... and then we will start exploring.  I will try to find a nice campground up in the Sandia mountains.  You can see the mountains all along the eastern edge of Albuquerque. 
Today as we went out on erands (car wash, dry cleaners for Vera, hair cuts, etc), a huge dust storm came up.  I'm talking very strong gusty winds and reduced visibility because there was so much dust in the air (it reminded me of school days in Lubbock, TX); and THEN ... it started to rain !!
Now, actually, I wasn't too shocked by this ..... because back in Lubbock I've seen it start to snow in the middle of a dust storm. no kidding.
Later, Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment